(+) Added feature, (-) Fixed bug, (!) Changed functionality
! Improved performance when recording
+ Possibility to map windows with AutomationId
+ Settings for record and playback modes
+ New documents: Getting Started and User Guide
! Better naming of objects during recording
- Fixed bug that when recording on a WPF Menu would crash the project
- Various bug fixes.
- Fixed bug with some upgrade license codes not working.
+ Support for Visual Studio 2010.
+ Support for testing of 64 bit applications and operating systems.
+ The .NET support has been updated to support testing of .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 applications.
! Support for Visual Studio 2005 has been dropped.
- Various bug fixes.
- Fixed problem with bad performance when recording on some WPF applications.
- Fixed bug with recording on scrollbars in RichtextEdit controls for MFC applications.
+ Improved support for Silverlight and WPF applications.
+ Support for Silverlight 3
+ Added more functionality to UIGridView and UIGridCell, e.g possible to select cells with column name.
+ Added methods to WindowController for window handling like minimize and maximize.
+ Added support for IsChecked on MFC checkboxes.
! UIGridView is now more open for subclassing.
! IsChecked and IsVisible property on UIObject is now browsable.
- Fixed bug with the Name property being read only in the property grid.
- Improved performance during start of recording.
- Fixed problems with incorrect versions using ControlPartProvider feature.
- Fixed problem with tests on setup's based on msi technology.
- Fixed problems with illegal characters during key recording.
- Fixed issue with the Parent property during test playback.
- Various bug fixes.
+ Implemented possibility to manually add toplevel widows of application.
+ Implemented support for testing of Sidebar Widgets
+ Implemented settings to control test execution (StopOnFailure)
+ Added possibility to control where the Log files is written (LogFilePath).
+ Implemented UseCoordinates on click property so that it can be set individually for objects.
+ Made some settings in the Contants class changeble.
+ Added LogLevelFilter property to the Log class that can be set for the log output to be less verbose.
- Improved x64 platform support.
- Fixed crash during recording
+ Implemented Delphi support. Set and get properties on a TControl based Delphi control.
+ Implemented logging errors to stderr
+ Implemented pause and resume functionality to the TestRunnerForm
+ Implemented verification of .Net properties from the Add Verification form.
+ Implemented Infragistics UltraGrid support, row and column count accessible.
+ Implemented Infragistics UltraTextEditor support.
+ Implemented Infragistics UltraExpandableGroupBox support.
+ Implemented support for third party ControlPartProviders.
+ Implemented UIIgnoreTestAttribute, used on test methods that should not be run during a test.
! Possible to add verification even though the value cant be parsed. Parsing needs to be done manually.
! Made the IsAttached property visible in the editor.
- Fixed bug with 'Add Children' dialog. Not all objects could be added.
- Fixed bug with UIAutomationElements not being attached to the underlying UI element, in a drag/move action.
- Fixed bug, slow recording.
- Fixed serialization problem with unmapped objects.
+ Implemented MatchedIndex for UIAutomationElements.
+ MouseController now support mouse wheel actions.
+ Added events, Attached, AttachFailing and AttachFailed, to the event mechanism around Attach. Now attach failures can be handled in the UIMap and the individual UIObject.
+ Added properties to control if TAFX should check Visible, Enabled, Available and Responding on each UIObject. This can help when objects wrongly report themselves to be invisible for instance.
+ Added two new events, ActionExecuting and ActionExecuted, to UIMap and the individual UIObject. Possible to cancel a action.
+ Improved mapping capability for the UIApplication. Possible to select which mapped properties to use. Better support for commandline arguments. Important when testing setup projects like msi.
+ Added Matched info tool window to the UIMap designer view.
! License logic updated to better support upgrade from beta/free to licensed.
- Fixed problem with crashing .net 1.1 applications.
- Fixed bug with the recording not serializing properly.
- Fixed key stroke re-order while recording.
- Fixed bug with recording and playback of msaa object when not visible.(Outlook)
- Fixed issue with options dialog in outlook.
- Fixed issue with native popup menus.(Outlook)
- Fixed issue deleting UI objects from the UIMap designer.
- Fixed so that the HighlightRectangle can be used in a running test.
- Fixed bug with Menuitems in Outlook.
- Fixed bug with some popup windows.
+ Objects in Silverlight 2 applications can now be recognized.
+ Logging to the Console window has been added. Enable it through the Log.LogToConsoleEnabled property.
! Tests now have to be run in the STA threading model.
- Fixed delay bug for NUnit.
- Fixed bug with recognizing objects in transparent groupboxes.
+ Added possibility to test applications hosted within other applications.
- Fixed scrolling bug in treeview in testrunner.
- Fixed image capture bug for XP.
! Automatically set the MatchedIndex property for UIWindow.
+ Implemented matched index for UIApplication.
- Fixed bugs that made it impossible to test the 'Add Printer' dialog in XP.
- Fixed bug in the parent chain logic, which could make tests to fail.
! Minor changes in the 'IsResponding' logic.
- Fixed bugs that would fail tests in the 'Start' menu on XP.
! UIApplication logic changed to better support applications started from a mouse action.
! Verify and UIObject, added overloaded methods to be able to insert custom messages to the log.
- VB.Net item template, wrong namespace.
! VB.Net project and item templates updated, TestFixture component now has a separate designer file.
! Documentation updated.
+ Test Automation FX Documentation now included in setup. Available from the start menu.
- Command line switch was case sensetive.
! FindWindowInfo updated with nullable types.
- Crash in design time when trying to attach unavailable WPF application.
+ InvokeMethod now supports non public methods.
+ Code generation now supports Enum types.
- WPF applications was not mapped correctly for top level windows.
- Property verification did not use the verification value correctly.
+ Remap of objects can now be done in the UIMap designer.
+ Logging is now supported by the new Log class.
+ Automatic ControlPart support for DotNetMagic controls.
+ Custom Verifiers can be developed and used during recording.
+ Updated Add Object/remap Object dialog with more information.
+ Support for running TAFX UITests in NUnit and VSTest.
+ Recorded actions can now be deleted during recording.
+ Recording can be paused by pressing ALT+CTRL+ESC.
- Recorder could hang when recording close, minimize and maximize actions.
+ Check, Uncheck, Select actions has been added.
- Attach to existing process now correctly waits for timeouts.
+ The Express versions of Visual Studio is now supported.
- A bug in the VB.NET project template was fixed.
+ Context menu items for View Code/Properties has been added.
! Role is now used when mapping MSAA objects.
! The default mouse speed in test playback has been increased.
- A bug with the serialization to the .designer.cs file was fixed.
- Verification of text properties was fixed.
! UIObjects are now reattached when the mapping properties change.
- The project templates have been updated and an item template for the TestFixture (UIMap) component has been added. The template are now installed correctly for non-english versions of VS.
+ A MousePath property has been added to allow customizations of how the mouse moves to objects. This enables correct clicking in menus.
+ The properties of .NET Windows Forms controls can now be manipulated through the Properties property of UIWindow.
+ Automatic scrolling when the object to click is scrolled out of view has been implemented.
+ An AllowChildren property has been added to set whether a parent control should handle mouse actions with its own coordinates and not add children.
! The install has been updated to include the necessary prerequisites.
- A problem with running the test application with the switch –RunTest has been solved.
- Fixed bug with writing the TAFX-xsl file when using date formats containing the “/” character.
+ Keyboard event delay can now be set to speed up or slow down the Keyboard.SendKeys function.
- User cancel during keyboard events are now handled immediately.
- The Add code form is only shown when something has actually been recorded.
- Increased performance in the Add object dialog..
- Recording of on screen keyboards are now handled correctly.
+ Logging is done to an xml file with corresponding xsl file.
+ Log files can now be loaded into the test runner log for viewing.
! The UIMapObject class names has been changed the old names are marked as obsolete.
+ Image differences detected can be viewed from the log file.
+ All existing verifications can now be added during recording (image, file, object properties and manual verification).
+ Initial version of image verification support.
+ Recording of Double-Clicks.
- Fixed bug with objects that had to reattach due to the parent changing.
+ Support for ControlPart objects in the recorder.
+ Recorder now supports entering comments that will be inserted in the generated code.
+ Possibility to start/bring-to-front the Application under test from the recorder has been added.
- Improved the response time of the UIMap in design-time (now works...).
- Many minor bug fixes (crashes etc)
+ Initial support for generic DataGridView automation (now grid clicks are recorded as Grid.Cells[1, 3].Click() etc).
+ Support for recording and playback of drag n’ drop operations on objects.
- Fixed bug that made duplicate objects representing the same window appear in the UIMap
- Fixed bug with objects in the UIMap that didn’t attach in design-time.
- Changed so the testrunner make calls to MSAA in STA apartment state to get rid of problem with tests that would hang while searching for objects.
- Fixed with MSAA objects in the UIMap representing menu items.
- Fixed bug that caused the UIMap designer to hang (reverted change from Build 264) .
- More illegal characters are removed to create names during recording.
! MSAA is used instead of UIAutomation to map objects in more cases.
+ The testrunner now stops faster when cancelled by the user.
! The default timeout has been changed to 15 seconds from 5).
! Less exceptions are thrown in design-time to improve performance.
- Fixed bug that the Index property wasn't checked when finding windows.
- Fixed bug that WindowClass wasn't used when finding toplevel windows.
- Added more UIObjectTypes that is recorded without coordinates (Now is Button, MenuItem, Checkbox and RadioButton). Due to the problem that MenuItem clicks cannot be replayed with coordinates
- Fixed problem with playback on dual monitors systems.
- Fixed naming of objects added during recording.
+ MatchedIndex property added to allow mapping of ambigous objects.
+ The log now shows by which properties windows are searched.
- Fixed problems with attaching of window objects when having more than one ”mainwindow”.
+ Support for multiple applications in the UIMap.
- Names are not changed during load anymore.